I put together some QUICK and EASY TIPS to get started with couponing and start saving NOW!!!!
1. GET A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SUNDAY PAPER NOW: If you live in the Central Florida area (Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Lake County) there is an awesome Orlando Sentinel promotion going on now. You can go to the link on my homepage or here: http://myorlandosentinel.com/index.php?aff_id=136
2. ALWAYS GET PAPERS IN MULTIPLES OF 2: To maximize savings you should always buy in multiple in 2’s. You can use two coupons on BOGO item for extreme savings!!! If you buy only 1 paper, then you are only saving $1 off an item that cost $3.00. If you buy 2 papers and wait for that $3 item to go on a BOGO sale , then you buy (2) items for $3 use (2) $1 off coupons and get both items for .50 cent each. So you will get a $3.00 item for .50 cents. (I will explain this better in another post)
3. ORGANIZE YOUR COUPONS: You can use a binder or a file system to organize your coupons. I recommend and use the file system. With the file system, all you have to do is file your coupons by date (ex: 1/19/2011) or name (ex: printables, Publix flyers).When it’s time to use the coupons, then get and cut them. For example: 1/19/2011 SS (SmartSource), RP (RedPlum).
4. DO NOT LET IT CONSUME YOUR TIME: The coupon blogs do all the work for you of finding the best deals, telling you which coupons to use, etc. All you have to do is check the blog’s daily and see what’s going. You can print a list and take it the store with your coupons, it’s that easy. You can also follow us on FB/Twitter and check updates while you are out.
5. KNOW YOUR STORE COUPON POLICIES: It is important to always know your store coupon policy and makes copies to to keep handy. Sometimes cashiers are just not that familiar with thier own policies. You may never need it but it is always good to keep handy “just in case” a situation occurs.
6. START SHOPPING AT 1 OR 2 STORES: When you start couponing, you want to only focus on 1 or 2 stores. Starting off small will help you learn quicker without burning you out and wasting your time. Once you feel you have those 1 or 2 stores down then than move on to other stores.
7. IT’S OK TO MISS A DEAL: Deals come and go! If you miss out on a deal or two…..DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT!! I promise that same deal will be back before you know it. Either the same store will offer it or another storewill have the same promotion.
8. BUY ONLY WHAT YOU & YOUR FAMILY NEED: Please do not buy 100 bags of dog food if you do not have a dog or 200 chapsticks just because it’s free. The ethical way to coupon is to buy enough for your family that will last around 12 weeks (or until next sales cycle).
These quick & easy tips will get you started on a stockpile in no time. If you have any questions please email me at .